Sunday, July 14, 2013

Busy Days in Preparation

What a day! I got everything done on my list in preparation of Mary's visit on Thursday. The windows were washed inside and outside, the gardens were cut and watered, the mulch arrived and Michael finished spreading it in the garden, the refrigerator was cleaned, all the cobwebs are gone both inside and out, did some paperwork that needed attention, and I even made a great dinner! Superwoman!

I was so busy all day long that I had a problem sleeping. It didn't help that just when I drifted off, someone exploded a M80. It shook the house. It was a long night.

Today, I am going to wash and iron our sheets, do the rest of the laundry, iron Michael's work shirts, clean the huge outside umbrella and clean under the kitchen sink. And a nap. And, if the sun comes out today, have a chance to get some color on my legs.

Monday and Tuesday, the contractors will be here all day. I hope. Mom and I are going to be together after I go to the other rehab then we are going to the chocolate shop to buy a box of candy to place on Mary and her sister's beds then to Macy's. I realized that I need a nice pair of pajamas. It will be the last time I see mom until we are all together on Saturday.

I am so excited that I think I am running on adrenalin. Hopefully, I won't be worn out and get sick! The goal is to have company and not get sick afterwards. I sure won't have to do anything to the house or gardens for awhile after they leave!

And I must add a PS to Timmy Lincecum for pitching his first no hitter last night! Go Timmy!

No comments: