Saturday, July 13, 2013

Colonoscopy? Done

The colonoscopy was really just fine. Easy, in fact. The SUPREP was not too awful and the people at the clinic where the procedure was performed were well experienced, nice and professional. The doctor was able to say a hello before she put me to sleep. I was feeling well enough to drive home four hours afterwards. I did sleep very well last night and feel fine this morning. The results? There was a 3mm. polyp, which was removed, and I should have the results of the biopsy on Tuesday. The doctor said not to worry as it appeared to be just a growth.

Since the cleanout would remove any morning medications, the doctor included 40 mgs of prednisone in my IV during the procedure. The supplemental oxygen was at 3 liters during it even though I use 2 liters during exercise. A bit extra! Guess she was worried.

Why a colonoscopy? It has been ten years since my last one and the liver doctor encouraged me to get one as soon as possible. He said that a problem with my colon may reflect the issues I am experiencing  with my liver. He just wanted to remove it from the possible causes of the problems. Along with my primary doctor, I had a report sent to him.

The march towards Mary's visit begins in earnest today. The gardens will get a cutting and watering, the outside of the windows will be washed, the refrigerator will be cleaned and a few other projects on my list will be done by the end of the day. Tomorrow's focus will be laundry including towels and sheets, which means ironing will be involved.

The contractors needed more time, of course, so they won't be finished until Tuesday. I hope. Getting a bit to close for comfort.

Susan and Ron left for their trip and offered their garden to us! While Mary and her sister are here, I will have them pick strawberries and raspberries and any vegetables they wish. Susan also told me to pick fresh gladiolus for their visit. So sweet.

No comments: