Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cooking, Baking, Playing

I am feeling a bit better. Still tired so it may take a few more days to recover from the past two+ weeks of madness. It is going to be so crazy today that I am making dinner early this morning. Since it is Wednesday, it is yoga hell! After class, I have a hair appointment then I need to rush home.

The receptionist at Michael's work is having her 25th birthday tomorrow so I offered to bake two of my favorite single layer chocolate cakes covered with ganache then pralines. It was be refrigerated after the ganache is applied. While it is in the refrigerator, I am going to meet Natalie and the kids at their gymnastic class near the harbor at 4:00. It will give us a chance to get caught up on their vacation and for me to play with the kids.

After the rehab class yesterday, I decided to cut and blow the gardens. I think that is why I slept so well last night! At rehab, Sherman greeted me and I noticed that his hand was swollen. Really swollen. I had the nurse look at it and they told him to go to the doctor immediately. He drove to the local emergency room and, after an x-ray, they really couldn't figure out how he injured his hand. One finger is now in a splint and they don't want him to move it much. Also, he is taking a run of antibiotics. My poor 88-year old friend!

Speaking of rehab, it was my first day back after being out since the cancer surgery. Lots of appointments for mom, doctor appointments, visitors and exhaustion kept me away. It was fun to get back into the routine, people hugged me and said they missed me, and I sweated! Really sweated which is rather rare for me now. So many new people were now in the class and my sweet parking attendant was no longer there. I was not even able to say goodbye to him. Changes.

No comments: