Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One More Day

Today is the final day to prepare for Mary and her sister Patty's visit in celebration of Mary's 80th birthday. I had a rather quiet day yesterday, even took a nap and was able to read a bit in the garden. Today, I will be making my Fruit and Cheese Pizza as Mary's birthday cake. She is not a cake or pie person but loves fruit as dessert. So, this pizza has a sugar cookie crust covered with sweetened cream cheese then sliced bananas, kiwi and strawberries are placed in a decorative pattern on top. Delicious. Almost like a fruit cookie!

I forgot a couple of things at the grocery store and I was unable to find fresh sunflowers for the living room and a small bouquet for the table in the family room. After the yoga hell class this morning, I am going back to stores to buy everything left on the list.

Many years ago, I stumbled upon a drug. I discovered that if I took this drug at the very first signs of a cold, it stopped it in its tracks. One package would last a few years. When I noticed I was running out over a year ago, I tried to buy more at CVS and the pharmacist told me they that no longer had this drug. Rats! I have been very careful and used it as little as possible but now I am down to one pill. I went back to CVS yesterday to ask the pharmacist if there was a similar drug available. I explained that I had an interstitial lung disease and that this specific drug would stop a cold but if I didn't use it, I would get a bad cold and it would turn into bronchitis. She said that it was a great drug but CVS no longer carried it and whispered to me that Rite-Aid still sells it. WOW! Why didn't the other pharmacist share that information with me? To Rite-Aid! The lovely pharmacist there offered to order it for me and I could pick it up today! I am thrilled.

The CVS pharmacist warned me that it may cause heart palpitations and to be very careful. I have never experience that but sometimes I had a rather restless night when taking the drug.

So, what is this drug? Aprodine made by Major. It is a decongestant and an antihistamine. Triprolidine and pseudoephedrine hydrochlorides. It is kept behind the counter but does not need a prescription. Ask your doctor before taking it.

No comments: