Monday, July 15, 2013

Three Days Before

Count down! Three day before the arrival of Michael's mom Mary and her sister Patty to celebrate Mary's 80th birthday. Sunday, Michael met with the owner of the restaurant right on the ocean where we are going to actually celebrate her birthday not only because she can have her favorite steak and lobster but they have great dance bands. She is a dancer. I have seen people move aside and an entire dance floor watch and applaud while she dances. She never needs a partner. It is pure joy to watch. We will stay until she says she is done or the band goes home, which ever comes first. The owner told Michael that they would take care of her, which means plates and plates of food will arrive unannounced to the table. I am sure it will be everything from fresh crab to oysters to calamari and more. We warned Mary and Patty that they would probably gain ten pounds during their 3-day visit!

I did stop all of my preparations for a well needed 90-minute nap yesterday. I was dragging. In the morning, I did five loads of laundry, ironed our sheets and Michael's shirts, and cleaned the huge patio umbrella. Michael got home in time to enjoy the sunshine on the patio before dinner.

It was a very fulfilling weekend. I am now ready for their visit on Thursday - well almost. There is still a small list of things to do leading right up to the last minute (like cleaning the front door).

Today, I am going to the other rehab, then mom and I are going to buy new pajamas and the wonderful handmade chocolates for their pillows. The flowers from the garden will be cut on Wednesday for their bedside tables. The glorious housekeepers will do their magic on Thursday morning and the house will be perfect when our guests arrive.

Also today, the contractors will return to install the new heating ducts under the house. Hopefully, they will finish tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I am tired but grateful that I am not exhausted. Again, the goal is to not become ill because of their visit.  The last time Mary visited, I was very sick afterwards. This time, I tried to do a little everyday and not overextend myself. I am feeling confident that it will be a successful visit.

No comments: