Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Two Days Before

The count down continues: two days before Michael's mother's visit. Today's list includes food shopping, painting two spots on the wall which the contractor's tape lifted, checking in with my friend in North Carolina and finally cleaning the front door.

The contractors were able to install all the new heating ducts in one day instead of two. They are finished. I had to remove all the coats from the front closet so the contractors could have access to the crawl space. Today, I am going to return everything back into the closet. It has been in the living room the past week. Clutter drives me nuts and having a huge pile of stuff just sitting out makes me twitch!

There is a thick, very wet fog throughout the Bay Area today but the good news is that it is going to be perfect weather for their visit later this week. There will be sunshine but not too hot. Thank goodness!

It was shocking to have a headache yesterday. I NEVER get headaches and since it was in the sinus area, I worried that a cold was to follow. I took one of my special antihistamines and I feel great this morning. Hopefully, it knocked it down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have just begun my journey through ILD, and though I know life is still as wonderful as it was before, and I am very lucky...

I am scared.

Reading your journal has helped me.

Thank you.

Janice

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice! Hopefully, you will gain a lot of knowledge and it will help you feel less scared. If you live somewhere near an ILD Clinic, see if they have a support group. Ours is all about education. I have learned so much which somehow gives me a sense of control over the disease. Work with your doctors, sleep well, eat well, exercise in pulmonary rehab and you will have a wonderful quality of life. Write anytime! Thanks for the compliment!