Saturday, August 3, 2013

Night for Racing

August 17. Barstow to Vegas. Across the dessert. Dirt bikes. One of the most well known races in the country.

Last night, we were invited to a fund raiser for a team who are, once again, taking on the desert. A couple of years ago, they put a "rag-tag team" together and, to everyone's surprise, WON. It is a race that demands a lot of preparation, supplies and money. Last night, they offered food, chances to win door prizes and a pie was auctioned off for $400.00! We hope the team does well!

This weekend is going to be a quiet one to help in recovering from the past two weeks. I'm going to fertilize some plants in the garden, do some banking but not much else. Down time. So hard for me to schedule. Just not in my nature but I have learned the hard way that if I don't, I will get a cold which always goes into a lung infection. Not good.

No comments: