Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Scared Me

I tried to phone mom in the morning before getting dressed to workout at the other rehab. Since we are going to be together today, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, we decided not to be together on Monday.

Her phone was busy. I got dressed. Called. Busy.

Driving over the hill, I tried again. Busy.

I arrived at the other rehab 30-minutes later, worked out for an hour then tried to phone her again.

Busy.

Something was wrong. I hoped the phone was just off the hook but I do have to admit that I had visions of her on the floor reaching for the phone. I was now really worried.

I drove to her apartment and saw her car in its parking slot. She was home. I knocked loudly at the door. Nothing. My heart was beating fast. I used my key to open the door and loudly announced my arrival. Nothing. She was not in the livingroom. I turned into the bedroom. She wasn't there. I suddenly heard water running and my heart stopped thinking she had a problem in the bathtub!

As I completely turned the corner, there she was, with headphones on listening to her portable radio just buttoning her jeans. She hadn't heard me. I scared the heck out of her!

Her livingroom phone was off the hook. We sat and talked for almost two hours, went to Carl's for lunch (Cod Sandwich - no bread for me), we did a quick run through Trader Joe's for after dinner food for my sister and family after mom's early birthday dinner on Saturday and I got home around 2:30. A normal Monday for us.

Today, we are going on a private tour to the county historical museum with Barbara and her day care kids. We both love to be around the kids, they are so well behaved and interested in everything. We'll have a picnic lunch together afterwards. A special day.

No comments: