Saturday, August 17, 2013

Still Tired but Ready to Celebrate!

Today is mom's 85th birthday. We will be meeting my sister, her husband and daughter in the city for an early celebration dinner. As an additional treat, I bought a beautiful orchid lei for her to wear. Her gifts are gift cards to many from the places she shops.

The weather is supposed to be beautiful here on the coastside so that will bring all the tourists to town. We need to build in driving times to the schedule. This morning, we will run out to the bank, Safeway, lunch and to pick up the lei then shower, dress up and leave by 2:00 this afternoon. We plan to arrive to the restaurant early so we can buy a cocktail for my two drinking buddies (mom and Michael since I don't drink!). The rest of the family should arrive early as well. More tomorrow.

Yesterday, I did go back to bed and slept until 11:00 before working in the gardens. As I waited for Michael, I kept drifting off. I was one tired girl and slept over nine hours last night. Still a bit tired this morning. It is going to be a long day as my sister and her family are coming here for drinks and a bit of food after we drop mom off at her apartment over the hill.

Lots of coffee. Lots of smiles. I'll get through the day!

No comments: