Monday, September 23, 2013

Back Into Life

I am up and dress and ready to go, except that it is 6AM. I am leaving in an hour for the long drive to the university hospital in the city during rush hour! Should be fun. It usually takes an hour to get there, park and to get settled but this time of the morning, it could take up to two hours.

No coffee, no breakfast, no medications.

The ultrasound is scheduled to have a peek at my hernia, caused by years of immunosuppressant drugs and pneumonia coughing fits. Afterwards, I am going to the butcher's then to mom's for some lunch. It is going to be the first day I am out into the world in over a week.

I am feeling so much better this morning. I only took one pill for my coughing yesterday instead of three but I did not sleep well last night. After cutting the grass, I thought I would fall into bed in exhaustion. Nope. Tossed and turned. Maybe I am anxious about getting to the appointment this morning.

Tomorrow? Same time. Same drive. I have an appointment with the surgeon.

No comments: