Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Better, Thankfully

I was a bit worried when I went to bed last night. There had been no improvement of my breathing or coughing since leaving the hospital on Monday evening. Was this the new normal? Was I going to have to deal with coughing constantly? Instead of sleeping in the recliner, I went to bed and, shockingly, I slept. Around 12:30, I woke up and started coughing so I moved into the family room and the recliner.

The coughing was not as harsh or deep as it had been. I also immediately fell back to sleep and was awaken by Michael making coffee at 5:45. Last night was the most sleep I have had since last Thursday.

This morning, I am breathing better and coughing less. There is a significant change. I am getting better.

Utter relief.

Today's plan is to do nothing but rest and sleep. The housekeepers are due tomorrow morning so I am planning to drive over the pass to spend those two hours with mom. It will take a lot of energy to get out into the world again and the worry is doing too much and backsliding.

No comments: