Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bored and Boring

It was a down, wet day yesterday. I didn't cut the grass. I didn't do much except take a nice, long nap late in the afternoon. I do feel a bit better but the cough, well the cough is still there. When the medications come close to wearing off, it begins again.

Michael took his codeine cough syrup before bedtime last night and slept like the dead. He still sounds horrible but feels better for having slept. My goal of keeping him home today is not working. He wants to check-in somewhere then buy a new pair of shoes for work but I think he just wants to move his body. It is so unusual for him to stay in. He doesn't do it well.

We are watching the Formula 1 from Singapore this morning. It is always a nighttime race because of the heat of the day. Big news for next season: The Iceman, Kimi Raikkonen is leaving Lotus to go back to driving for Ferrari. We love him. His interviews are hilarious.

I think I might try to cut the grass this morning. Yes, I will wear my oxygen and a mask and a hat and long sleeves.

William is back home for two weeks before a solid non-stop month-long concert schedule. He loves those. He says he gets into a groove. There is a definite rhythm to touring. He has foodie friends with him on this tour so he is eating well. They take off together to find great little dives someone told someone about. Yes, they do eat in some of the finest restaurants in the world but his favorite is that little place with the Grandma cooking in the kitchen. During this break, he will make his healthful foods, enjoy his daily twenty-mile bike rides, attend a wedding of the lead singer of a group in which he performed and just relax. He mentioned that he might come for a visit in November, after the tour.

No comments: