Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Both Feeling Better!

We both have turned a major corner and are really recovering. Michael slept all night without medication. Not a cough out of him! I slept the best in weeks and feel so much better this morning.

Hernia update: All is well. I feel no pain...except when I sneezed yesterday! I will let Dr. K. know that during the next visit but probably won't begin the surgery process until it becomes a bigger pain.

Yesterday, it was glorious outside with a warm breeze so I opened all the windows to clean the cobwebs out of the house. I had lunch in the oven - Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms - was into my third load of wash and was preparing to iron all of Michael's shirts.

Then, the phone rang.

Michael and William both have a syndrome where they get heavy nose bleeds. It seems to run in cycles. Many months/years will pass with no problem then suddenly, they are daily. With the latest illness, Michael had a heavy bleed on Monday night.

He phoned to tell me he had another very heavy bleed and asked if I could drive over the pass to bring him a clean shirt.

Off went the oven, the washer and dryer were stopped, all the windows were closed, I put on real clothing and ran my fingers through my hair and was out the door within minutes. He phoned again about halfway into my trip to say that he decided to come home with me.

I think he was weak from two long, heavy bleeds.

We stopped at a local deli to buy lunch and spent the rest of the day together. He napped while I continued on my quest to finish the laundry and all the ironing.

So the plan is to put a dark colored t-shirt in his car in case he bleeds on today's shirt, I reminded him to place a bag of ice on his neck if it starts to bleed but hopefully, it will all calm down. Heat seems to play somewhat of a role and the weather is supposed to be cooler today.

The sweet thing he told me was that he was so touched that everyone at work worried about him. He said it felt like he was in a roomful of mothers. I told him to thank them for me. They took good care of him.

No comments: