Sunday, September 8, 2013

In the Hospital

Well hello. Guess where I am! I have a lovely private room at my hospital in the city. The cough was so horrible on Friday night that I never slept and knew something was wrong. I contacted a friend in Ohio who I met through this blog and she encouraged me to phone the on call doctor at my lung clinic. 

After hearing my story and cough, the doctor told me to check into the emergency department ASAP. After a ton of tests and X-ray, it appears that I have either a bacterial infection or virus in the upper right lobe. Lots of wheezing. They said that I needed to stay for a few days for I Vs of a broad spectrum of antibiotics. So far, with other treatments, the coughing has greatly subsided and I hope to sleep more tonight.

A dear Capuchin brother we have known since the early 70 s came by to give us communion and the blessing for the sick. It was so beautiful. The prayer included giving me courage when I lose hope and I love that he said a blessing for the doctors and nurses. I got teary.

In reality, I don't expect to escape until later in the week but I am in good hands.

No comments: