Friday, September 6, 2013

Lovely Cough

I drifted in and out of sleep all day yesterday. No fever present but the cough has grown to be productive. The antibiotics have begun. Today, I need to be with mom for some minor surgery at the eye clinic, lunch then food shopping as we have no food in the house. After dinner tonight, Michael is going to a concert with our neighbor Ron to see Wayne Hancock. A late night. I never sleep well until he is next to me.

My 88-1/2 year old rehab class friend, Sherman is also having some surgery today to repair a tendon in his right hand. I phoned him yesterday and he was a bit nervous about it all. I promised to phone later today to check-in with him. Any surgery at 88-1/2 is a concern!

The other concern is the weather. It is hot. It is humid. It is totally unusual. As with most people with lung disease, I have a difficult time in the heat. With this cough, it will be even more difficult to breath, function and not totally sweat. The hottest day is expected to be Saturday when we have to drive over the pass where it will be even hotter. We have been invited to Mark and Maryanne's house for dinner and I will be bringing my chocolate cake covered with pralines for dessert. Somehow I need to make that....At the party will be a mutual friend, Nancy, whom we have not seen in many years. She went to high school with Mark and Maryanne and they have kept their relationship going through the years. Nancy was married to Jeff. They both worked at a body shop they owned, had two children and Michael worked for them for years. Sadly, they divorced. The family fell apart. The children struggled. They struggled individually. Michael rarely hears from Jeff and we have only seen Nancy once since their divorce. It will be great to visit with her, hear about her children and we just hope she is doing well.

And I hope to be feeling better by then!

No comments: