Saturday, September 14, 2013

Michael Sick?

And now for the bad news: Michael is coughing. He never coughs. He never gets sick. I am afraid I have shared this with him. We did go food shopping after dinner last night so we have enough food in the house for a week. I can't imagine us both being out of commission.

I did take mom to her post op eye appointment yesterday, marinated some chicken and made a dinner of Sesame Chicken with veggies. I think the combination of the two things was a bit too much right now. I ended up in the family room again last night as the coughing began around midnight. The plan for today is to not leave the house. I will work a couple of loads of wash into the mix but really, nothing else.

When I see Dr. K. next Wednesday, I don't know if she is going to want a quick lung capacity and DLCO pulmonary function tests, which can be done right there in the clinic. If so, it will be interesting to see those numbers. I know, by remembering the feeling of having a DLCO at 7.7, that my numbers were horrible until a couple of days ago. I would guess that they had dropped into the 8 or 9 range. That feeling is gone. Thankfully.

The photos of the massive floods in Boulder, CO have been shocking. We love Boulder. We can't imagine the devastation to that sweet city. With that same storm, my brother in central New Mexico is dealing with the threat of flooding this morning. It has been raining hard for the last four hours. I so hope they escape this unscathed.

No comments: