Sunday, September 15, 2013

Now a Caretaker

Fever. Cough. Not me, Michael. I actually am feeling better. The coughing is an occasion now instead of the standard. But Michael? The coughing is increasing and a 99 degree low-grade fever had appeared this morning. Now, I will try to talk him into calling the advice line at Kaiser to let them know that he has had an exposure and appears to have contracted pneumonia. Maybe we can start the antibiotics.

It will probably take a couple more days of encouragement before he makes the call. Stubborn.

I slept in the chair until just after midnight when I realized my butt was sore. Really sore. Sore of sitting. Sore of sitting up in order to sleep. Painfully sore. I headed back to bed where I slept like a baby until late this morning.

So my job switches today from being ill to being the caretaker.

No comments: