Monday, September 30, 2013

Recovering AND Recipes for the Week

Sombrero Chicken
Michael is hardly coughing and I only coughed twice so there is evidence that we are better. Almost well. I did test my stamina in the gardens yesterday and was able to work just over two hours. It was easy work of cutting the grass and trimming a few things but, I did it and it felt fantastic to move my body. This morning, I am going to continue to test my body and stamina on a treadmill at the other rehab. I may add a bike and some weights but it will definitely be a simpler, less intensive workout.

William is also better yesterday than on Saturday. Better but far from well.

We also need groceries. It has been so long since I have blogged the dinner menus and recipes for the week. These recipes are for people who are on prednisone therapy who do not process sugars properly. We can't process fruit or yogurt or milk or grains or starchy vegetables or any carbs so we gain weight.

Spicy Island Beef Kebobs - I will not use the plantains. Also, I will use only one pound of meat for 4 servings.
http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/entrees/entreerecipes/spicyislandbeefkebabs.html#.UkmKIyjFX6c

Sombrero Chicken - Corn tortilla chips will be served with this to Michael. I will also use just a total of one pound of chicken breasts for 4 servings.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sombrero-Chicken/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Shrimp Etouffer - Michael will enjoy this over rice.
http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/entrees/entreerecipes/shrimpetouffee.htm#.UkmK-yjFX6d

I usually have an additional vegetable or cabbage with my meals.

No comments: