Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Busy All Day

My energies have returned! Everything from my to-do list of laundry, washing the car, food shopping, balancing the checkbook, paying bills and picking up the house happened before 10AM. It was marvelous to feel like I was able to do it all with no problem. No shortness of breath. No fatigue. At the rehab class, the retired head dropped by for a quick visit. I deeply miss her. Rehab is just not the same without her.

Then it hit. By the time Michael got home, I was struggling to stay awake. By 7:30, I was drifting off in my chair. We stumbled into bed at 8:15. I don't remember the rest. Off to dreamland!

Today's goal is to prepare for tomorrow. After yoga, I am making two Mississippi Mud Cakes: http://www.merrygourmet.com/2013/09/mississippi-mud-cake/  One is for Natalie and the kids on Halloween, the other is being sent with Michael to share with the guys in the shop. It has been awhile since I have sent a treat for them. After they are made, I am making a dinner of Greek Shrimp Bake http://www.deliciously-thin.com/greek-shrimp-recipe.html so it is ready when Michael gets home before I leave for orchestra rehearsal. The house will also be picked up; table set; cups and plates and glasses set out; because I have to leave very early in the morning for the entire day on Halloween.

I did get a call to confirm the 8:30AM two-hour exercise test for Medicare and was invited to lunch with the woman at lab's front desk. That should be fun.

Lots to do all day today. I hope my energies hold up all day. And evening.

No comments: