Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cannula Issues

On Thursday, Apria came to fill my liquid oxygen tanks. I love the driver. We have known each other for years. Usually, I am at my rehab class when he comes to fill the containers, which we roll out to the side of the garage, but I was home this week. He rolled the two tanks back into the garage for me. As he pointed to a bag of hoses, he said, "You need some new hoses."

He helped me connect a new long hose with a shorter one with the cannula. The connector can sometimes be difficult. Great! New hoses!

Thursday night, I didn't sleep well and I kept waking up every couple of hours. Poor Michael, he was blamed for snoring too loudly! I was exhausted last night. I fell into bed and passed out. All was well until I awakened at 10:40. 10:40?!? Back to sleep, I awakened again at almost 1:00, then 2:30 then 4:00. It was a long night.

At 4:00, I pulled the cannula out of my nose and tried to feel the forced air coming out for each nostril. One was working, the other was not. In other words, I was not getting enough oxygen and as I went into a deeper sleep, I would wake up.

I moved the working side into the other nostril and fell back to sleep until 7:00. First thing this morning, I threw the cannula away, attached a new one, tested it and then planned a nice nap this afternoon! I will need it!

No comments: