Saturday, October 26, 2013

Focus on Tomorrow and Halloween

A rather quiet day ahead. Farmers market and the bank this morning followed by minor yard work. Everything has slowed down in the garden so I just need to trim a couple of things then fertilize my annuals. All my attention is focused on Sunday and Halloween.

Sunday: Meeting British Don at his city loft then we are due to a luncheon a his/our friend's home to celebrate Ada's 3rd birthday. Don has also just had a birthday so we are going to a hip patisserie in the Mission District after the lunch. A bit of a celebration for him.

Halloween: The two hour exercise test to prove to Medicare that I still need supplemental oxygen begins at 8:30. Later in the afternoon, I am meeting with Dr. K. at 4:30. It is going to be a long day. I am planning to take a very long walk, a lovely lunch then a long walk back up the huge hill. That should kill a few hours. The traffic trying to get home afterwards should be horrendous. Winnie, Oliver and their parents are due at our house before they trick or treat. We have a very safe area - car wise - and we always have fun being with them. I make goodie bags for them and the other kids on our street and a special cake to eat before they head out to gather candy. I probably won't be home until after they return from the hunt. Thankfully, Michael should be home. It is going to take a lot of planning to pull this off!

Monday, our son is going to be in a town on the ocean just 45-minutes south of us. We would love to see him, have a cup of coffee or a meal, if he is available. The problem working on a tour where he has to hook into the on site equipment that it usually is in need of repair. He can't anticipate how long these repairs will take so we will wait to hear if he will have time to see us or not.

I have been talking to Michael about being careful from now through the end of the year to not over book our social calendar. I think that is how I got sick. We have to mindful to make it to the first of the year without another hospital stay!

No comments: