Thursday, October 17, 2013

Overextended

OUCH! I am sore this morning. After buying over a hundred plants yesterday, I began the almost six hours of ripping out and planting. The removal of two large City Garlic plants and everything else in the garden near the rock wall in the front took over two hours. I was wet with sweat, downed three bottles of water and began to need breaks before it was all removed. Then, I hauled four huge bags of soil to be spread before planting a long row of white primroses along the rocks then purple and yellow and white pansies within a row of white small violets.

Then, I turned to the bed underneath the front windows. There were old primroses and other plants that needed to be removed. Done. I replanted purple and yellow primroses. Then to the back! Using the same color combinations, I planted the back bed.

I need to mention that while I worked in the garden, I wore a mask, oxygen and a hat.

In the meantime, I had thrown a pot of sauerkraut with short ribs in the oven for three hours. It was delicious. Spices and V8 juice, carrots, onion and an apple were added to the sauerkraut, which made it very flavorful. Michael, not normally a huge sauerkraut fan, loved it.

By the time I was finished watering the new little flowers, it was clear that I had overextend myself. There was no way I would be able to stay awake for the orchestra rehearsal and my hands were sore. After a shower, I was in my PJ's at 5:00!

Today? The first day back to the rehab class! I need to run into town for some potting soil and a quick food run. The Pumpkin Festival is this weekend. We usually have well over 100,000 visitors per day. It is crazy. We are not leaving the house so I want to be sure to have enough food to hold us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey James, Need your email.