Friday, October 11, 2013

Test Runs

It felt fantastic to have real clothing on and not having to see any doctors yesterday! Mom and I spent the day together beginning with getting her toe nails done while I had a manicure and my eyebrows waxed! Lunch afterwards was the most delicious grilled cod taco for me and a Mahi taco with mango salsa for her. With nothing important to do, I wanted to swing by the Apple store but quickly needed a rest room. Up three floors in Macy's, we found one. I suddenly had a thought. Mom had been thinking of finding a sports bra because of the hump in her back has made wearing a regular bra very painful. We were in Macy's, we had time, we found a perfect saleswoman and TADA!, she found two that fit really well. One is bright turquoise! Afterwards, we were sitting on a bench in the mall catching our breath when friends spotted us. They own fishing boats in Alaska and were just local kids who went to high school together. Their children are now grown and all doing very well. The husband just had some surgery, we had a great chat then said our goodbyes.

Onto Apple where I learned how to access the new iCloud instead of my Mobile Me. Well, it sounded easy. After I got home, I tried to pull down the system preferences and it still is Mobile Me and not iCloud. I made sure I am currently updated but...back to Apple today. And back to rehab today. I will try to see if I am ready to return to rehab next week with a test run this morning. It is the first step to getting back into my life.

A gentle weekend is planned. After a quick cleanup of the gardens, we are planning a quiet Sunday together then doctor's appointments, a full PFT, yoga class, orchestra rehearsal and pulmonary rehab will hopefully return to my life next week. I can't wait!

No comments: