Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Testing the Waters

I decided to test the waters by trying a modified workout at the other rehab to see if I am ready to return to my pulmonary rehab classes. Yesterday, I was touched that so many people were happy to see me and said they had been worried that something was wrong since I had not been there. When I told them the drama of the past 6 weeks, they were so happy that I was back.

Well, almost.

The workout on the treadmill felt fantastic but I only went 3.2 MPH instead of my normal 3.4 MPH. I pulled way back on the bike and the weights as well but I was sweating. A lot.

I don't think I am ready to return to the rehab class. I need another week.

We have been dealing with some car issues. The 840 BMW was having battery problems, my Audi has been having oil issues and Michael's commute car's oil plug was fixed and new brake pads were repaired yesterday so we had to go back over the pass last night to shuttle it home. I realized that we are rarely out at nighttime anymore. It was fun to watch the sunset and trees silhouetted against the darkening sky and the lights twinkling from across the Bay.

Michael works near the distributor of the new bourbon he discovered on the weekend. It reminded him of his favorite Pappy Van Winkle and he wanted to know more about it, so he paid them a visit yesterday. It is called Alchemist and he was told that it was made from "found barrels" and is in very limited supply. When it is gone, it is gone. Guess what I am doing today? Going back to the fancy liquor store over the pass to buy two more bottles. He said he is going to hoard it and take little sips on special occasions.

William is feeling better but is in the middle of huge rain storms in Seattle. Massive rains, even by the Emerald City's standards.

Michael coughed once this morning. He is truly on the mend.

My mom is better but still coughing. We plan to see each other on Thursday.

I am so much better but this last bout really took a lot out of me. In order to do anything, from getting dressed to picking up the house to...anything, I have to force myself. Push myself. The stamina is not back and it will take some time. The only answer is to rebuild in rehab everyday. Back to my schedule. Back to my life. My next toe in the water will be tomorrow as I am going to the yoga hell class. It should be interesting.

No comments: