Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Busy Times Ahead

Crazy busy day ahead. It's my Rehab Boy, Dick's 81st birthday today. Sherman and I signed two hilarious cards to him and I am bringing three of the best donuts for him when we met later this morning. Donuts are his favorite food. And chocolate chip cookies.

I have to be on the road in an hour to buy the donuts here in town before meeting mom at her home. Today she has an appointment to report on her pacemaker device from her home. They are expecting it at 9:00. She will put this little paddle on the pacemaker, wait about a minute then the information is transmitted. Rather fantastic. She is feeling so good and has boundless energy. It really is working well.

We will be taking the long drive out to the Central Valley tomorrow morning to celebrate her friend Grace's 85th birthday. We want to leave earlier so we can place new flowers on Dad's crypt for the holidays. I will be exhausted by the time I get home in the early evening so I won't be going to orchestra rehearsal.

Thursday, I am meeting the only other person I have ever met who has my disease. Marty has just had a lung transplants about three months ago. We are only going to meet for an hour over coffee. I don't want to exhaust him.

But, I am looking forward to Sunday afternoon. We are going to meet British Don in the city for another birthday celebration for the two of us. I love spending time with him.

After reviewing this week's schedule, planning my contributions for Thanksgiving's dinner for next week, having friends here for dinner the following weekend, I told Michael that we cannot book any additional social engagements. That is how I ended up in the hospital last September. Too much.

No comments: