Friday, November 29, 2013

First Thanksgiving to the Next Generation

In just a few words, Thanksgiving was one of the best in years. It was the first time it was hosted by my niece Shelley and she was brilliant. Her apartment was charming, she was so prepared and everything was perfect. It was very casual. It was lovely.

And we got to meet Russ. After her shocking divorce after six months of marriage (he decided he didn't want children after being together seven years), she met this really nice, normal, smart guy. We will see them again at Christmas at my sister's house but hope they come to visit us soon.

Lee's husband Jeff is having his MRI on Monday to determine if they will proceed with surgery on his neck. His arms are cold and feeling very heavy. He had cadaver bone replace damaged vertebrae in his neck five years ago and another one may have gone bad. If they decide to do the surgery, it will probably be before Christmas.

Mom enjoyed everything. She even phoned Betty and Chip in New Mexico to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving.

There was one problem: I started coughing on our way home. Shelley had beautiful candles lit in the living room and bedroom. Smelly candles. I guess after a few hours, they got to my lungs. The cough continued this morning so I hope is lessens throughout the day.

Mom and I are meeting this morning to run some errands and share a very small lunch.

I so hope your Thanksgiving was filled with love and support (and fantastic food!).

No comments: