Thursday, November 21, 2013

Grace's Birthday Luncheon

Jane, Grace, Mom, Odulia
We had a marvelous birthday luncheon with mom's buddies yesterday. Her best friend Grace is part of the '28ers club - born in 1928 - which includes my mom and Jane. Her dear friend Odulia, on the right, is struggling with dementia, living is a skilled nursing facility but was present for this party with her two daughters. There were lots of photos taken, much laughter and mom was so happy to see everyone. She misses her gang of friends. 

Before lunch, we drove about 30-minutes north to visit my dad. Mom changed his flowers to a Christmas theme of red and white, cleaned the lettering and gave him a kiss goodbye. Then we hit Walmart to buy some outdoor Christmas lights. On the way home, we drove through a horrific rainstorm but made our way safely through it all. 

By the time I got home at 4:30, I was done. Tired. Worn out. I am so afraid of getting sick again that I made sure to be in bed and asleep by 8:00. No orchestra rehearsal for me last night. 

This morning, I am meeting Marty who is the only person I have ever met with my disease. It will be my first time seeing him since his lung transplant and I want to hear all about it but I promised him only an hour as not to wear him out. Rehab class will follow then a run to the butcher, Trader Joe's and Safeway. Another long list of things to do today!

No comments: