Saturday, November 23, 2013

Just the Beginning of Medicare Mess

It is going to get ugly. I can feel it. Yesterday while I was with mom waiting an extra hour for her eye shot for muscular degeneration because the doctor was late, I looked at my email on the phone. There was one from my university hospital indicating that Medicare had refused to pay for my hospital visit for pneumonia in September. What?!? They said that I have an open Medicare Set Aside related to my Worker's Comp claim.

Medicare Set Aside. Here is background information from a previous blog: http://livingwellwithabaddiagnosis.blogspot.com/2012/03/medicare-set-aside.html

What I will have to do is phone Medicare on Monday, explain that the money set aside was for specific items, which did not include a hospital stay. In the meantime, I will be receiving a bill from the hospital for the entire three day stay which must be paid or my credit will be ruined.

I didn't sleep well last night.

Today, I will be transferring money to pay the property taxes then spend the rest of the afternoon working in the gardens. Because of the winds, there are lots of leaves and small twigs that need to be put in the garden waste recycle bin.

No comments: