Sunday, November 17, 2013

Silent Auction Winner

Natalie and I had a ball at the fundraiser. I even ran into the parents of William's best friend at the school. Jeff and William were inseparable. When they went to different junior high schools, they saw less and less of each other and life happened. They have not seen each other in over twenty years. Jeff's parents said that he recently was wondering what ever happened to William. I gave them William's professional name on Facebook and asked to pass it to Jeff. I also friended his mom after I got home.

After a chat with them, I ran into a parent from the school where I got sick. Natalie also taught his children. It was great being brought up to date about his kids and he did not know that I got my disease there. Dinner time! Fantastic chicken and conversations. Then the auction. A lot of money was spent! It was a nice evening and Natalie and I talked music and kids and scheduling and music classes and her children.

The silent auction...I won one item. Thirty pounds of walnuts. Sounds like a lot but I make pounds and pounds of Sugar Glazed Walnuts for Christmas presents. Good idea? Ah, I didn't read the fine print. They are not shelled. Thirty pounds. Many hours are going to be spent shelling nuts. Michael laughed so hard when he saw me hauling them through the door.

No comments: