Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Very, Very, Very Last Birthday Celebration

Today is the final, last, end of the line, period at the end of the sentence celebration of my birthday earlier in the month. I swear. British Don recently had a birthday and wants to celebrate both of our special days together. We are having lunch at the Tyler Florence restaurant where we celebrated mom's birthday in August. He has never been there.

I worked in the garden for a couple of hours yesterday, not a lot of trimming needed but just a quick cut and pick up from the winds. The sun was streaming through the huge windows in the family room when I checked in with my sister-in-law Betty in New Mexico. They were having a huge snowstorm blow through, cooking a stew and she was still in her PJs. It felt so good to feel the warm sun that after our conversation, I settled into my chair and slept for almost two hours.

With Michael's work schedule, I just don't get enough sleep. The best time of our day is in the mornings when we have coffee, watch the news, read the morning papers and chat. I wouldn't sleep through those moments for anything in the world. But even going to bed early, it is so hard to be up by 5:30AM. Naps do help.

The countdown to Thanksgiving begins Monday when Mom and I will go the grocery shopping together. I will also have my difficult conversation with Medicare. Oh fun.

No comments: