Monday, November 25, 2013

Wayfare Tavern, No Sleep and Medicare

Wayfare Tavern - Our booth was the last one on the right
Tough night. After our lunch with British Don to celebrate our birthdays, they served each of us a French press of the most delicious coffee. I asked for decaf while Michael and Don enjoyed regular. There must have been a mistake. I was awake until 2:30AM, slept for almost three hours and will be totally wiped out today.

But, the three-hour lunch at Tyler Florence's Wayfare Tavern was delightful.  Don is so interesting and smart and funny. It is always a pleasure to spend time with him. He also is a foodie and he was delighted to have such high quality food. We shared oxtail poutine and "Devils on Horseback" for appetizers and, oddly enough, each of us ordered the hamburger. It was not your normal hamburger: grass-fed proprietary grind, Marin brie, roasted onion, smoked bacon, brioche with sunny side up Petaluma egg. I did not have the brioche or egg. It was delicious and I was not able to finish it.

They brought Don a piece of chocolate pie that was not sickly sweet. It was smooth, light and delicious. We each had a bite of their dessert donuts. Oh my. Two cinnamon donuts, with their holes,  served with lemon curd and cranberry/pomegranate and apple/cinnamon marshmallow sauces on the side.

After Michael leaves for work, I will begin my quest to talk with Medicare about not paying my hospital bill from my September visit. It should be an interesting conversation. Afterwards, I will workout at the other rehab before meeting mom to begin our food shopping for Thanksgiving.

No comments: