Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Presents

It was suddenly so warm and calm for a few hours yesterday that we sat out in the garden before dinner. The past week has been so frigid, it was a gift to sit on the swing and chat and marvel at our good fortune, weather-wise.

After a very quiet day, I will now begin another set of phone calls. A letter from Apria was in the mail on Friday evening, too late to respond to until this morning. It has bothered me all weekend. Apparently, there is a problem.

Medicare requires specific proof every few years that I still need supplemental oxygen. Fine. First hoop jumped: A walk to prove desaturation below 88 percent then the walk again with oxygen to prove that it helped. Denied. Second hoop: Two hours on a bicycle to desaturate down to 88, recover, repeat with oxygen. Denied.

I don't know what else I can do? It is going to be an interesting phone call.

Michael will finally complete his root canal and will be home later this afternoon. I should be home by then after spending a few hours with mom. I have a to-do list including presents for my rehab boys and food to have on hand for William. Three more days before he arrives. I read something on Facebook: As one gets older, the best presents can't be bought. That is so true. He is my Christmas present.

No comments: