Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fun Tonight

Our dear friend Randy dropped by last evening and stayed until I had to leave for orchestra rehearsal. It was so great to spend some time with him. Sadly, he needed to share the news that another old friend died suddenly of a heart attack while running errands last weekend. He was only 55-years old. His dad owned a pizza restaurant in town and he was part of the group of guys who hung out at our house when they were in their late teens and early 20s. So very sad.

It was a very focused and long orchestra rehearsal last night. Michael and I talked after I got home so we didn't climb into bed until well after 10:30. That was very late for me. So, I am not going to rehab later this morning but instead, I am going back to bed. It is going to be another late night tonight. Managing stamina. We are going Christmas shopping followed by a quick visit with the family of Michael's car pool work mate. I am going to need all the energy I can get!

But, my work this morning will be to make endless phone calls. I got an email last evening regarding my Worker's Comp Medicare Set Aside account. Medicare still wants to use that money to pay for last September's hospital visit when the agreement specifically lists what it covers and a hospital stay is not on that list. On the phone, I ask for names, take notes and kill them with kindness. It is frustrating and I am sure it is going to get worse soon.

My mom is feeling so much better and is not contagious as of tomorrow. We will be spending the day together. It will be a non-stop gabfest!

No comments: