Tuesday, December 3, 2013

On the Mend and Decorated

Michael's tooth is still sore but he is not in pain anymore. The dentist told him it will take a couple of days to be completely pain free. We slept last night, at last.

About 3PM yesterday, I began thinking about the housekeepers due on Thursday morning and dinner guest who are expected to arrive on Saturday, it occurred to me to be prudent and get the Christmas decorations out of the attic. So, I began working while Michael supervised. Three hours later, the inside of the house was almost finished (I will buy nine poinsettias on Wednesday) and two Christmas trees are fully trimmed. The outside window boxes should be finished today but the outside lights will take a few days until Michael is up to the task. It still doesn't feel like Christmas. It was in the 70s but a cold freeze is coming Thursday. Maybe that will help put me into the spirit of the season.

I met Natalie and her family on Saturday (including her father who is on chemo for cancer at the moment) to look at a house they will be placing an offer on this week. Their two bedroom/two bath townhouse has been wonderful but they have outgrown it. This house had five bedrooms and four bathrooms. Massive. Ocean views. I hope it all works out for them. Winnie turns seven-years old in a few days. For the occasion, I bought the series of "Little House on the Prairie," the cookbook featuring  all of the food in the books and an apron. She is such a cook, I am sure she will love it all.

Nespresso. I must admit that we are really enjoying having a decaf espresso after dinner. I feel like an adult! With Michael not able to deal with hot coffee at the moment, this morning I enjoyed a large espresso instead of making a French press pot of coffee. So very delicious.

No comments: