Monday, January 27, 2014

It Feels Like a Monday!

There is hope for some rain possibly this week. We are in a drought situation and the poor ground and spring plants need the gentle rains. But today, my life will be in a car. Mom has a dentist appointment so I will drive the pass to grab her to bring her back to the coast for the 10AM appointment, we will have fish tacos for lunch afterwards then a quick run back over the hill to the butcher's and Trader Joes.

We will talk the entire time and sadly, we will probably talk about the death of Betty's sister on Saturday. She had been living near Chip and Betty in New Mexico and had beaten cancer four or five times. She finally was done. She was tired and didn't want to fight anymore. She died surrounded by her children, Chip and Betty. I spoke with Betty for an hour yesterday. She needed to talk. She had not had the time to absorb it and it will take some time.

My appointment with the weight management group is Wednesday. The day is going to be a challenge. The appointment is 3:30, it is over an hour of city driving to get there and, by the time I leave, I will be in the middle of the city during rush hour. It will probably take over 90-minutes to get home and I need to be out the door by 7:00 for the orchestra's dress rehearsal. Early Thursday morning, I have an eye doctor appointment and the housekeepers are due. It is going to be exhausting.

I am so looking forward to get going with the liquid diet and hope I am given the approval to buy the food at the other hospital site on Friday, which means another run into the city. I want to begin on Saturday. When I made my list of food for the week, it was with the fact that it will be my last food for over a month. We are splitting a dry aged rib-eye steak, mushrooms and asparagus tonight then will enjoy lamb stew and roasted chicken for the rest of the week. While I will be on the liquid diet for Super Bowl Sunday, I am cooking Baked Beans with Sauteed Apples and Kielbasa at Michael's request. Even on the diet, I will continue to make dinner for him every night. No licking fingers!

No comments: