Thursday, January 2, 2014

Over and Done

The holidays are truly over. Life's routines begin again today. Mom has an appointment for the shot into her eye then I have my first day back to rehab since a few days before Christmas. My back is sore but definitely better so I don't want to do anything to further irritate it in rehab. No eight pound free weights today!

We spent New Year's day dropping off my car at the mechanic's then surprising mom with an offer of lunch. We took her to Nordstroms, which was surprisingly empty, chatted and both of us watched Michael eat a huge piece of carrot cake. We tried driving home over the pass but it was stopped. Too many people decided to spend the first day of the year on the coast. So, we drove south then took a longer, curvier, lesser used pass though it is my favorite drive from the redwoods to the ocean. There was no traffic and we so enjoyed the trip back into town, where we stopped to buy coffee grounds at Peet's Coffee and some milk. Michael removed all the Christmas lights from the house. It is really over. The New Year has truly begun.

No comments: