Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Anticipating the Weigh In

The anticipation is building for tomorrow morning's weigh in. It is a very long drive into the city and it will be during rush hour. And rain. A major storm is due to blow through right around the time I will be leaving home. After weaving my way to the far side of the city, I will search for street parking, make my way to the building, weigh in then walk a block for blood tests for the liver doctor. From the city, I will work my way to another freeway and drive to mom's house. It will be a very stressful couple hours but I am so excited to finally learn the amount of weight I have lost.

I have made a major decision. Regardless of the "number" on the scale on Wednesday, I am moving into the second stage of the liquid diet on Saturday, March 8. I will add one meal a day to the liquid diet for a week. Because of Michael, I have chosen dinner. So, Saturday, March 8 will find him in the garden with the BBQ and some dry aged rib eye steak (I will have a bit of his) while I cook mushrooms and make cole slaw. It will be my first food since January 31.

Dinners for the rest of the week: Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Halibut a la Puttanesca and a low fat Cheesy Creamed Spinach with just a simple 1/4 pound hamburger patty.

The following week, I will add another meal to my day. I am thinking of adding lunch for my mom. We will probably get a bowl of the wonderful Russian Cabbage soup at Max's and something "safe" for me at Nordstroms.

Finally, breakfast will be added back and all meals will now be real food as I enter Stage 3 of the diet. I am going to still visit the nutritionist all the way up to our road trip and a couple of visits after we get home. It will keep me "honest" while we are on the road. Between now and May 3 when we leave, I will be on my strict low fat/low carb diet and will lose even more weight. I am trying to get under my lowest weight.

I am excited to finally seeing the numbers on the scale, thinking about what I can lose before our May trip and dreaming of buying some new clothes.

No comments: