Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cancelled

I was a good girl by arriving to yoga right on time yesterday. I was the only one there, expect for the guy who opens up and takes the money. We chatted while two others arrived. The problem? No teacher. My regular teacher is three weeks into a 7-week program and we have been having a substitute. She never showed. We all got a ticket for a future free class. Thank you very much.

The day was suddenly changed.

I stayed home all day but I never sat down! Michael had been talking about cleaning out his closet. There were clothes in there from the 80s and honestly, he had decided he will never be a 32 waist again. I emptied all the stacks on the carpet, separated all t-shirts with either a hole or paint on them, tossed socks with holes and finally let four pairs of old Levi's go into the trash because of the huge holes in the knees. Then I arranged all the dress shirts and polo shirts in order of sleeve length, folded the rest of the t-shirts, organized his sock drawer and made the closet...perfect. That took a couple of hours. I did two loads of wash then ironed a few dress shirts for work.

Dinner. I made a killer pot of Clam Chowder early in the afternoon then cleaned every inch of the kitchen. It felt fantastic. The chowder was gently reheated for dinner and Michael went crazy. I had not made this recipe for many years. He even asked for a small amount to share with someone at work as he is a chowder hound.

Since we will be on the road trip, I will not be playing the orchestra concert in May but I am going to the rehearsals to help Gerry. It will be a great concert featuring The New World Symphony by Dvorak, one of my most favorite pieces of music to play. It sings to my soul. We are also doing a couple of his Hungarian Dances, also a joy. It felt like home. There is something called hand memory. My hand just went to the notes. No thinking about positions. No thinking about the specific notes. It just flowed. It felt so fantastic that I just could not sleep last night. My brain and heart was so stimulated.

I am going to be exhausted by the end of the day. Costco is first on my list of things to do. I must deal with the problems of my new glasses then Sherman will be waiting for me at my rehab class. Afterwards? A nap. Really.

The coming weekend is going to be devoted to my gardens. It is forecasted to be in the 70s here on the coast so I will have the pleasure of enjoying the weather while cleaning away the weeds. The real focus is the upcoming weigh in on Wednesday. I so hope I have lost as much weight as I feel. If not, I will be so disappointed!

No comments: