Monday, February 17, 2014

Holiday

After working out at the other rehab yesterday, I hit all the stores: butcher, Trader Joe's, organic store, Safeway. Then, I hauled it all into the house and put it away. I needed a rest after that! It was gorgeous here on the coast: sunny and 70 degrees. Tourists abounded.

Late afternoon, Michael and I sat out and chatted about life, my diet, our upcoming road trip, neighbors and relatives for an hour. I had spoken to William earlier in the day, so I wanted to share that conversation with him. We won't hear from him for three weeks when he gets back from the Australian leg of the tour.

We looked around our cul de sac and realized we and the very old couple directly across from us and the new people at the corner were the only ones home. Everyone else was gone for the holiday weekend. Six out of nine home. Empty. A burglar's dream! Thank goodness we are in a very safe area.

No doctors appointments for mom or me this week. Nothing but rehab and yoga and cooking fabulous dinners for Michael. A nice week.

Happy President's Day.

No comments: