Saturday, February 15, 2014

Into a Quiet Weekend

We have a rather quiet weekend ahead, thankfully. Nothing we have to do. Nothing required of us. I do hear the distant calling from the weeds in the side yard, so I may answer their call this morning. It should take about three hours to clean the area. Rains are due around 6PM so we will sleep tonight with the light rains serenading our dreams.

Mom and I giggled and chatted the day away yesterday. After working out at the other rehab, I drove her to the every 6-week shot in her eye for Muscular Degeneration. From there we picked up my new contact lenses before a lunch at Carl's Jr. Mom had seen an ad for their turkey teriyaki burger. She ate every bit. We must have sat and talked for an hour.

Last week, mom asked me to buy a very small corned beef from my private butcher. Well, we bought the smallest they had but it was rather large, it was reduced by half during the 3-hour cooking process, she cooked it up, ate off of it for several meals, ground and froze some for sandwiches and sent the rest home with me yesterday. The smell almost brought me to my knees! It was divine! Michael is going to enjoy it in sandwiches and maybe with some eggs tomorrow morning.

The diet is going well. My pants are falling down, not attractive but a good sign. Eleven more days until I see the nutritionist and weigh in. Yes, I am counting the days. The liquid diet is harder this time around. Three years ago, I was healthier and younger but I am determined to stick with it. I am dreaming about food, dreaming that I made a mistake by licking my fingers, dreaming that I lost my purse. Oh, that's another dream. The Food Network is my current best friend. I am obsessed with food blogs and I am gathering lots of new low fat/low carb recipes to cook when I can eat food again. This coming week, I am cooking dinners for Michael from the 80s and 90s. He has loved my diet so far, though I think he has gained a pound or two. I am cooking foods we have not eaten in decades. The enchiladas and lasagna were huge successes. He is sure to enjoy these great dinners this week: my homemade Clam Chowder, Fideo (thin spaghetti in a light tomato sauce) and Pork Chops, Hot German Potato Salad with Kielbasa. He is never going to want me to stop my diet!

No comments: