Friday, February 21, 2014

It's Friday

Crawled into bed last night and I don't remember even turning over in my sleep until awaking at 4:30 this morning. I looked over to find the bed empty! There was some evidence that Michael had been in bed but I never felt him come to bed nor leave. I was extremely tired. Passed out. I did find him awake and in the family room so we are now having coffee together.

It's Friday. It is mild here so we will meet on the garden swing after dinner, light the little fire pot and talk. I love that tradition. All the stories and things we forget to share during the week flows as we relax into the weekend. It is going to be beautiful here. Susan's memorial service is at the Presidio in the city on Sunday afternoon. I am sure it will be packed as she was an amazing person. It is going to be very emotional for me.

Friday. The other rehab is calling to me this morning then I will spend the day with mom. She is so full of energy these days, thanks to the pacemaker. I am sure she has had adventures since I saw her on Monday. We have no doctor's appointments, nothing we HAVE to do so it will be a fun day. We'll probably shop (CVS or Safeway), have lunch somewhere and talk non-stop.

Friday. No hurry to get to bed tonight as we can sleep in a bit later in the morning.

Friday. One day closer to the weigh in at dawn on Wednesday. I was wearing my jean's yesterday and shocked Michael by pulling them down without opening the snap or zipper. My mind is a whirl. I sometimes think I have lost twelve pounds and other times, it feels like twenty. All will be revealed on Wednesday.

Enjoy Friday as it leads into a nice weekend ahead.

No comments: