Friday, February 28, 2014

Mom and Michael

I always check my phone after I leave the rehab class just incase Michael or William phoned while it was locked away. It was a shock to see a message from Michael and it was a photo. A photo of my mom with a hamburger in her hand!

Well, I giggled all the way home then phoned her. I had to hear the story. She decided to get a McDonald's hamburger for lunch (with only catsup and onions, please) and was standing in line when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She was floored when she looked up to see Michael grinning at her! He told me later that she greeted him like a returning soldier from the war. Everyone in line was smiling. There was a lady between them, mom offered for her to go ahead in line but she declined. She, too, was laughing and let Michael join my mom. They sat and chatted and Michael said there was not a moment of silence. Mom said it was so much fun, such a surprise and a real treat to spend some time with him. She really didn't want him to go back to work!

He told me that he was thinking later in the afternoon about how very blessed he was to have a mother-in-law who really loves him. I know that if I died suddenly, Michael would be in charge of my mom. He would just assume the role and would be so good with her.

I will be spending the day with her today after working out at the other rehab. She will probably cream me in card again, try to buy my something, chat during lunch and just enjoy being together. A perfect day.

No comments: