Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Road Trip Plans - Liquid Diet Woes - Glasses Problem

We worked on the May road trip itinerary after dinner last night. I think we have it pretty well mapped out. There might be an issue with hotel rooms available in one city but otherwise, it looks good. We actually will be driving an area of the country we have never seen. I think we have taken every other east/west route until I discovered this one yesterday. We checked it out. It will take us from Raleigh, NC to my brother's home in Socorro, NM. It mostly is on Highway 20. Many cities we have not visited before this trip: Shreveport, Dallas, Brownfield, Odessa, Abilene to name a few. It will be a different and fun way home.

The liquid diet has been so remarkable that even I am stunned at the amount of weight I have lost in 19 days. People are noticing, something that I find happens after a loss of twenty pounds. I think I am close to that. The weigh in is next week. I am so sick of the lack of food and so wish for real, fresh, tasty flavors, that I am counting down the days to when I add one meal of real food into the mix. I am still stalking low fat/low carb recipes on the Internet and have fallen in love with the Pioneer Woman on the Food Network. Postings on Tastespotting are checked throughout the day. Somehow, it makes me miss food a little less. For my first real meal, I am going to choose dinner (mostly for Michael) and we have already agreed on the menu: dry-aged rib eye steak (I will take just 3ozs. of his), mushrooms and cole slaw. They warn that if your first meal is real fatty (lots of cream/butter/fat) that there could be an issue with the gall bladder. Apparently, it has been sleeping during the diet and doesn't like quick wake up calls.

I am fighting the urge to return my new glasses to Costco today. It is a long drive from home. I  have more than enough time to deal with the problem tomorrow while I am over the hill for rehab class. I so dislike problems hanging over my head. The prescription is wrong, both the distance and reading. I hate this kind of stuff....needless problems. I do love the Fendi frames and so happy I will have them for the road trip. Instead of waisting the day dealing with it, I am staying on this side of the hill, going to yoga then I might, just might, cut the grass. I promised Michael some Clam Chowder for dinner, so I have to get on that later this afternoon and finally clean myself up for orchestra rehearsal tonight.

William leaves for Australia today. He doesn't mind the long flight from Seattle. His new plan is to somehow fit his long legs into a window seat as he read somewhere that a person is less exposed to germs away from the aisle. We'll see how that works for him!

No comments: