Thursday, February 27, 2014

Weight Loss Revealed!

What a day. The big storms are now rolling into Northern California and the beginning was yesterday morning, just as I was leaving for the long drive deep into the city. It was a surprisingly easy drive and I arrived anxious about finding parking. Street parking. Within a block of the hospital, there were three buildings being constructed and one area was closed for road work. It was a mess. My chances were slim. There were garages but they are EXPENSIVE! And I am frugal. So, I gave up and was heading into a garage when I spotted a blue curb! It was right next to the entrance to the garage. It was right in front of the blood draw area where I needed to have some blood tests for the liver clinic. The miracle happened!

This blood draw lab is usually very crowded but when I arrived at 8AM, I was the only one there! Another miracle! I was out within ten minutes, ate my breakfast in the lobby, walked through the garage to the next building and arrived to my 9AM appointment with the nutritionist at 8:15. Mr. B. took me in early - another miracle - and I hopped on the scale. It was exciting. I had been on the liquid diet for 26 days.

Last time I was on this diet three years ago, I bought myself something to wear for each monthly weigh in. New shoes, earrings or a new top. Nothing expensive, just new. So, I continued that tradition by buying a silver stacking ring, which I twisted while standing on the scale. I was wearing my smallest jeans and a heavy sweater (it was cold) yet I was thrilled when the scale revealed that I had lost fourteen pounds! In twenty-six days!

I now want to lose another eight pounds before the road trip in May, which will put me at my lightest since 1987. The re-feeding will begin a week from Saturday when Michael and I will share dinner together. A dinner featuring real food: rib-eye steak, mushrooms, cabbage. I must say that I will be having a small piece of Michael's steak. From that point on, I will replace one liquid supplement with dinner. A low fat/low carb dinner. That will be my diet for a week. Then, I will be adding lunch into the mix the following week and finally breakfast will be added the week after. No more liquid diet. During the transition last time, I lost five pounds. If that happens again, I will need to lose just four pounds in six weeks. I think I can do that!

The goal will be to eat 1,200 calories per day to lose weight or 1,400 calories to maintain my weight. Not a lot of difference there! And exercise. I believe that was how I lost so much weight in such a short period of time. I really kicked it up a notch.

I am feeling great. Nine more days before real food. Let the countdown begin!

No comments: