Monday, March 24, 2014

A Day with Mom

Tired. I was in bed by 6:30 last night and drifted off within the hour. The smell of coffee drifted up my nostrils this morning and, like the old cartoons, made me get up in search of the full cup waiting for me. Ah. Delicious.

Today is devoted to mom. We will have a Starbucks while driving to her extended eye exam and her shot in her eye to combat her macular degeneration. Lee and Jeff mentioned that her left hearing aid had just quit working. That is dangerous. She may not hear sirens or warnings or someone coming up behind her. So, after the eye appointment and a quick lunch, I will take her to Costco to have the hearing aid inspected. I hope she doesn't have to buy new ones as they are super expensive.

After that, it will be a mad search to find a plastic outdoor tablecloth to protect our new table from the sunshine and from us, as we as are sure to spill terrible things on it.

Then, home sweet home. My focus tomorrow will be cooking breakfast, lunch and a couple of dinners for the week before the pulmonary rehab class. Wednesday will be a visit with Mr. B, the nutritionist. I am so excited as I am hoping to breakthrough to numbers I have not seen in decades. We'll see.

No comments: