Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bad News, Good News, Sad News

It was a miserable, long, wet, dangerous drive into the city. I hopped on the scale and lost...1.5 pounds. A disappointment.

I turned to Mr. B. and said that I had so hoped to break into a new set of 10 digits. He calmly told me that 99% of people gain weight during the re-feeding process after the liquid diet. I still lost 1.5 pounds in a week. He said that was amazing. He made me feel a bit better but I still wanted to hit that number, darn it!

He then shared that I can eat my low carb rye crackers I found. (I am having them at lunch with a smoked salmon spread I made last night.) He also suggested La Tortilla low carb tortillas to make wraps! This is huge! So many choices! Only 50 calories! Then he suggested that I also eat nori to make vegetable rolls without rice for a nice snack or side dish at lunch. I was dancing! I was dreaming of smoked salmon with light cream cheese spread on a tortilla topped with onions, capers and lettuce. Yum! Great lunch! And portable!

I left in better spirits and fought my way down the peninsula through the heavy rains to mom's place. We did a walk through Costco, she ate several free samples, I bought a pair of Greg Norman golf shorts for the trip and we arrived at the hearing test on time. She really can't hear, that is clear! The new hearing aids are half the price she paid at another company nine years ago. She was dancing! I crawled home at 5:00, had leftovers for dinner and fell into bed.

Before the rehab class today, I am going to drag mom with me to check on the eleven reservations for my oxygen concentrators at all the hotels during our trip. I have not heard from Apria.

Mom and I are so looking forward to Friday. Toe nail painting and fish taco day! But, we will be stopping at the Ritz gift shop before our toe nail appointment to find a very special gift for someone we will be visiting on our road trip.

In sad news, our dear friend Barbara emailed this morning that her sweet mom had a stroke on Sunday and is not doing well. All of our love and prayers to you and your mom, Barbara. XOXO.

No comments: