Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dreaming of Food and Our Road Trip

It was a quiet day yesterday. I put together my dinner menus for the first week I can finally eat, printed and sorted all the new recipes I had found during my month-long liquid diet, made of list of the medications I needed to order now for the road trip in May, printed the request forms for a concentrator to be at each hotel along the way, talked for an hour with Michael's mom, did the laundry and ironed all of Michael's work shirts.

He went to his second funeral in a week. So many people he had not seen in years were there. A friend who had a very interesting life and should have died many years ago, was celebrated. Everyone from corporate executives to the President of the Hell's Angels were in attendance.

Late in the afternoon, Michael walked through the door with Wayne. They shared some bourbon, Michael told stories about his friend who died, they ate some appetizers and finally, I served them both a nice wedge of homemade lasagna. (Thank you for the recipe, Pioneer Woman.) After Wayne left, we sat outside and Michael told more stories.

The only goal for today is to agree on the locations for our road trip hotels then I will phone the Hilton Group and make all the reservations with just one person. I will need all the confirmations for tomorrow when mom and I will swing by Apria to submit my order for all the concentrators. They need 6-8 weeks notice.

I dreamed that I ate a muffin by mistake last night. Funny how the mind works! I felt so horrible!

No comments: