Monday, March 10, 2014

New Glasses, Car and Recipe!

Yesterday morning, I ran over the pass to Costco to pick up my new red glasses - I usually wear contact lenses during the day. They are so very cute that I may not even mind wearing them in public! Afterwards, I went to the other rehab where I ran into people I had not seen in many months. I worked out on the treadmill, then chatted. I worked out on the arm bike, then chatted, I worked out on the recumbent bike, then chatted and finally, the treadmill before buying and delivering lunch to Michael.

By the time he got home around 4:00, I was getting ready to start cooking our dinner but he wanted to do a quick run down Highway 1 since it was such a mild day. So we dropped everything, ran out to the car, put the top down and headed out. It is now that I should mention that he brought home a new car a couple of weeks ago. I was not amused. It is our 5th car. All have insurance. One is now for sale. It is a 1999 Porsche Carrera with 56,000 miles on it. It had never been driven on a freeway. It lived in a garage. The paint and windshield are perfect. It is amazing. We had never put the top down before so, off we went! We were able to listen to music and talk without raising our voices. It was so well designed. Such fun!

I quickly made delicious Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps for dinner -  http://www.health-bent.com/poultry/paleo-lettuce-wraps  It was a keeper recipe.

Tonight, we are meeting British Don in the city before he takes off for Asia again. Dinner out. It will be a challenge. We are meeting at our favorite German restaurant, I will order a chicken or turkey sausage with some sauerkraut and lots of water for dinner! It is going to be a busy day as I will once again workout at the other rehab then spend the day with mom. Maybe I can fit a nap into my schedule later this afternoon.

No comments: