Friday, March 14, 2014

Pre-Funeral

A quick hello this morning as I prepare to drive mom to Peg's funeral 100 miles away. I leave in an hour. I am still in my robe and slippers!

I did have to laugh yesterday while doing the warm up exercises at the rehab class. Remember the yoga class where I didn't even break a sweat on Wednesday? I felt every muscle while warming up yesterday: arms, thighs, calves. I really did get a good workout!

Mom and I ran to Old Navy before the class and I bought two sets of light pajamas for our trip. What great prices! While checking out, the young woman said, "I know you two. I have helped you before." I had never been to Old Navy before so I was puzzled until she said, "At CVS, you were looking for lip gloss," pointing to mom. She remembered us at her other job. How funny is that? Nice woman.

In other news: Lee and Jeff are coming for a visit a week from Saturday. They are bringing a table newly retired Jeff made for us. It is a redwood outdoor folding table. We will be able to eat our meals in the garden throughout the summer. It is a great design. They will be spending the night. Hopefully, they will also swing by to see mom.

No comments: