Thursday, March 13, 2014

This and That

Last night, we giggled and so enjoyed the orchestra rehearsal of Dvorak's New World Symphony, 1st, 2nd and 4th movements. I had forgotten about the two, count'm, two bass solos within those movements. As I won't be playing the concert (we will be in Raleigh, NC that evening), my bass buddy Gerry was a bit terrified at the thought of solos. She is a really fine musician but is returning to the instruments after 40 years. Remarkably, she can play most of the music except for the fast runs. She is one bright, funny woman. To add more pressure to herself, she will be having surgery to her foot on April 15th and will be playing sitting down instead of standing. Her husband is being recruited to turning her pages during the concert.

My mom's very best friend, Peg died yesterday. The funeral is Friday, 100 miles away, at 11AM. This is going to be a very sad funeral for mom. Peg was 94-years old and had been in failing health for a while.

My yoga teacher will still be away from the class for another couple of weeks. With the substitute yesterday, I didn't even break a sweat or have to wear my oxygen. But afterwards, I crawled into my chair and slept for almost two hours. I guess it was a good enough work out! The low carb burger and Korean spinach salad were fantastic last night. The taste of freshly ground beef from my private butcher made me moan. Leftovers tonight.

The housekeepers are due early this morning so I arranged to hang out with mom until the rehab class. We are going to check out Old Navy for light pajamas for our road trip. Tuesday night, we did a test run of our luggage in the tiny trunk of the Porsche and it fit! What a surprise! But, we really are going to have to pack lightly.

No comments: